Middle East Center for Reporting an Analysis
GITEX begins with major Israeli presence
GITEX will run from December 6-10 in Dubai. The conference says "Times may be uncertain, but on thing remains true – The power of people coming together. That’s why this year, GITEX, GITEX Future Stars, GISEC, Future Blockchain Summit and Marketing Mania will be the year’s ONLY tech event, LIVE, in-person, in Dubai. This year, GITEX offers you access to five high-octane tech conferences, each one deep-diving into a core industry with the world’s leading tech minds and business magnates headlining the sessions."
Special sections include AI, Fintech, smart cities, blockchain and other focuses. It all takes place at the DWTC Za'abeel plaza. See a map.
See a report on day one highlights here.
Reports note "GITEX Technology Week will host over 1,200 exhibitors, including over 300 start-ups from over 60 countries....GITEX will also host pavilions from some of the world’s most innovative technological nations, including Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, France, Israel, Italy, Hong Kong, Japan, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom and the United States, as well as a conference line-up of more than 350 in-person speakers, who are flying into Dubai from 30 countries." Read more.
"The inaugural UAE-Israel Future Digital Economy Summit presents vast opportunities for business collaborations, investor networking, sharing of ideas and experiencing mind-boggling innovations of two of the world’s most future-driven nations."
- Aviv Baruch Chairman, Israel Export Institute
- Yigal Unna, Director General, Israel National Cyber Directorate (INCD)
- Mr. David Leffler, CEO, Israeli Ministry of Economy and Industry
- Dr. Anat Lea Bonshtien, Chairwoman and Director of Smart Mobility Initiative, Israel's Prime Minister's Office
- Dov Kotler, President & CEO, Bank Hapoalim
- Mr. Ohad Cohen, Trade Commissioner and Director of the Foreign Trade Administration, Ministry of Economy and Industry
- Dr. Ron Tomer, President – Manufacturers Association of Israel, CEO – Unipharm Ltd.,
- Prof. Zeev Rotstein, Director General, Hadassah Medical Organization
- Assaf Barnea, CEO, Sanara Ventures, Chairperson, Life Science Advisory Board at The Israel Export Insitute
- Michal Geva, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Triventures
- Prof. David Gershon, Head of Fintech Research Center of Hebrew University, Former CEO of SuperDerivatives
- Dr. Nimrod Kozlovski, Partner, Head of Tech & Regulation, HFN & Herzog Strategic, Adjunct Prof, Cyber Studies, Tel-Aviv University.
- Dr. Tomer Simon, National Technology Officer , Microsoft - Israel
- Orly Glick, Partner, Vintage Investment Partners
- Ran Guron, CEO, Pelephone.
Bank Hapoalim noted "As a participant, you will join 200 of Israel's foremost businesses and entrepreneurs from the following fields: Finance, Medtech & Healthcare, Innovation, and Food Security. This groundbreaking event will be led by Bank Hapoalim in partnership with the Israeli Export Institute." Bank Hapoalim and DIFC signed an agreement in November. Some 200 entrepreneurs from Israel are attending as part of the delegation from Israel.
In Israel the local media partner Bokra news site located in Israel (www. Bokra.net) helped advertise the event.
Want to learn more about Israel Gulf Report? Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GulfIsrael
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Substack and sign up here or there for a newsletter http://israelgulfreport.substack.com