Fresh Market in Dubai hosts "first ever" Israel-UAE display of produce
The Fresh Market in Dubai’s Ras Al Khor area run by the Dubai Municipality opened
a "first-ever display of Israeli produce. The Fresh Market has played a key role in raising Dubai’s position as a regional hub for the trading & sale of local and imported produce," the Dubai Media Office said. "The UAE and Israel have agreed to undertake reciprocal initiatives to establish diplomatic and business links, promote investment & tourism & launch direct flights connecting the two countries," the office noted. "The introduction of Israeli produce adds to Dubai’s drive to diversify the sources of imported produce in the UAE."
Shlomi Fogel, Chairman of Carmel Agrexco was quoted as saying "we are excited to be part of the growing ties between Israel and the UAE. Together with our colleagues in Dubai, we are beginning to see the ‘fruits of peace’ today....Within few hours of picking, the fresh produce can reach points of sale. It’s a fact that Israeli agriculture is highly advanced and we are confident that everyone will enjoy our produce." His Carmel Agrexco "intends to invest in agricultural farms in the UAE."
The display is located at Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed road, near Dragon Mart. "the Fre,sh Market has played a key role in raising Dubai’s position as a regional hub for the trading and sale of local and imported produce," according to the report.
An article online noted the large attendance to see the display.
- Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO of DP World
- Essa Abdul Rahman Al Hashemi, Head at the Food Security Office, the Prime Minister’s Office
- Mohammed Al Dhanhani, Director of Agricultural Development and Health at the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE)
- Adel Sayed Al Hashemi, Director of the Dubai Zone at MOCCAE
- Shlomi Fogel, Chairman of Carmel Agrexco.
- Mohammed Al Muallem, CEO & Managing Director, DP World - UAE Region
- Ahmed Mahboob Musabih, Director General of Dubai Customs; Khalid Mohammed Sharif Al Awadhi, CEO of Dubai Municipality’s Health, Safety and Environment Sector.
Want to learn more? Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GulfIsrael
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Substack and sign up here or there for a newsletter http://israelgulfreport.substack.com